Why this School?
Heärt Montessori is an authentic Montessori School in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Montessori method developed by Dr. Maria Montessori is a child-centered approach to education that seeks to value each child’s natural interests as they develop physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively. We are unique in that we interpret Dr. Montessori’s emphasis on peace education to extend to all beings. Our goal is to provide children with the skills necessary to make the world more beautiful than they found it. By practicing non-harming in daily life, the children develop an intrinsic sense of empathy and compassion, which empowers them to manifest the most exquisite version of themselves. Initial ages to be served are 2.5 to 6 years old. In Montessori this is known as the Primary level, more traditionally known as pre-school and Kindergarten. We imagine expanding the age range over time with a dream of accommodating students all the way through high school.
Why are parents choosing Heärt Montessori:
- Our teachers are Montessori trained and integrate the teaching of all core academic subjects, not as isolated disciplines, but as part of the whole.
- We focus on the development of intuition and cultivating empathy and compassion for all beings.
- We emphasize a child’s role in the universe and how they are able to contribute to their surroundings, both globally and locally, such as through community service.
- We foster a deeper connection to the natural world through sustainability, permaculture, and direct experiences in nature. We have dedicated a significant portion of the curriculum to time outdoors.
- We give children freedom to express themselves so that they may manifest the most exquisite version of themselves.
- We incorporate mindfulness, meditation, yoga postures, and peace education into our academic curriculum to provide children with a holistic education.
- We honor the unique nature of each child through observation and individualized instruction, nurturing each child’s intrinsic desire to learn.
- We teach through project-based education and there is no daily homework. We believe that because students spend all day learning in a hands-on and interactive way that their late afternoons and evenings are best spent pursuing personal interests, connecting with family members, and relaxing.
- We serve healthy, organic, nourishing, and compassionate 100% plant-based meals to students and accommodate for any food sensitivities.
- We foster our partnership with parents through regular communication and collaboration.
- Our school year starts just after Labor Day and ends before Memorial Day allowing children to enjoy a full summer of play and rest.
Heärt Montessori graduates solution-oriented critical thinkers and independent, collaborative, and compassionate leaders that are clear about their role of service and place in society. Our hands-on experiential approach and environment of cooperation and creativity allow for a deep understanding of the material and the wide-ranging integration of the knowledge and skills necessary for life in the 21st century.