About the Program
Is your spiritual development important to you? Are you interested in deepening your life experience and understanding the bigger picture of why you are here and what your purpose is, so you may share your unique gifts and talents with the world? Are you ready to make the shift from a human doing to a human be-ing? This program is for those interested in deepening their sadhana (spiritual practice), with the support of wonderful teachers and satsang, community. It provides a foundation and structure for exploring and developing spiritually in all aspects of one’s life.
A spiritual training such as this may acutely deepen or awaken ones own spiritual practice, enhance a chosen career path or inspire to intuitively discover ones passion and purpose in life; applying the practices of yoga in any endeavor one may choose. The community and bonding of the group can be described as uniquely delicious and infinitely orgasmic. Simply put, “it is a once in a life time experience”. Please inquire how this might be for you and talk to others who have gone before you.
This program includes:
- Learning how to maintain a state of inner peace through life’s challenges, staying enthusiastic, and avoiding burn-out
- Learning how to balance thinking with your head and feeling with your heart by tapping into intuition
- Immersing in satsang, spiritual community, enjoying the support of others as you learn to understand and effectively handle outer influences, pressures, and self-doubt
- Individual exercises connected to transcending reality, the power of words, and understanding and knowing your true colors, and journaling to maintain a focus on realizing your authentic self
- Connecting with your creative and artistic side to express what yoga is to you
- Connecting with that inner guidance, your authentic self, the best version of you as a source of insight, clarity, and inspiration
- Healing from within so you may enjoy the life you are here to lead and be of service to others
- Gaining clarity on your dreams and purpose and how to live it
- Practicing enjoying life’s journey as you work toward reaching goals in prosperity and abundance in all aspects of life, work, home, family, and on
- Sharing your unique gifts and talent with the world through the practice of Karma Yoga
- Multiple Styles of Hatha Yoga including, Yoga Basics, Vinyasa Yoga, and Yin-Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology for deepening personal asana practice
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Yin and Yang Concepts for creating balance
- Yoga Philosophy and Raja Yoga
- Yogic Lifestyle and Values
- Ahimsic, All Loving Food Preparation
- Amazing Guest Teachers
- Unlimited Classes on our Weekly Class Schedule
- And More
What is World Peace Yoga?
World Peace Yoga is a holistic, courageous and practical approach to yoga that incorporates practices both on and off the mat, from philosophy and ethics, to physical postures, breathing techniques and meditation, to kitchenasana. World Peace Yoga as a Hatha Yoga style is a practice where we focus on the ancient yogic tradition of ahimsa. Ahimsa is Sanskrit for “non harming” and implies practicing kindness to one’s self, to others, to all living beings, and to the earth. From practicing yoga asana (the postures, which is what many people see as “yoga”), meditation, satsang (gathering in spiritual community) and pranayama (breathing exercises), we have a healthier life with less stress, anxiety, and tension. We encourage the greater development of intuition to make healthier and wiser choices in life. World Peace Yoga is a practice that incorporates physical wellness with spiritual living. It is a style of yoga that touches more than just one aspect of life and motivates a positive transformation in individual and collective lives.
Yoga Asana Styles Defined
Yoga Basics for Life
Learn the foundational yoga postures typically practiced in a yoga-asana sequence learning precise alignment. There are 5 different class structures you will learn for building a personal spiritual practice. This is a wonderful practice for those new to yoga or for those that are established in their practice and want to refine their alignment. Learn the basics of asana (posture) alignment, breath, intention, and relaxation as part of a daily spiritual practice.
Vinyasa Yoga for Life Flow
A vinyasa practice links breath with every day life, movement, and intention. In this training, you will learn the class structures you will learn for a Beginner Vinyasa sequence. In this practice you will flow through a balanced stream of postures including sun salutations, standing postures, backbends, forward bends, twists, inversions, relaxation and more. These are active practices that encourage focused life intention, meditation, relaxation, and spiritual growth through asana.
Yin Yoga for Life Restoration and Balance
Based on the Chinese system of yoga, this style is used to enhance the flow of energy or chi through the body combining two approaches of teaching into one practice: one approach is yin – passive and restorative holds and the other approach is yang – active stretching and strengthening using fluid circular movements (as in a Vinyasa practice). Yin Yoga works to increase greater range of motion in the joints and stretches the connective tissue. These practices are able to create more relaxation, restoration, and balance in one’s everyday life.
Email email@example.com for payment options and early sign up DISCOUNT OFFERS. $540 discount through December 15!
The program tuition is $3,600. An $800 deposit must be paid to reserve your spot in the training two weeks prior to the first scheduled date. There are no refunds issued for this program. All tuition payments are non-refundable. If you decide to discontinue the training at any time, the course fees will not be refunded and, if on a payment plan, you will be billed for the remaining course fees and expected to pay the balance in full. This training begins when you sign up. You receive unlimited classes and are invited to join special events from the time you sign up through the end of the course.
Tuition includes and is not limited to; all hours associated with the training, unlimited classes on our weekly class schedule, a binder used for journaling and exercises, food preparation and cooking classes, a World Peace Yoga book and binder, and group photos.
Click here to make $800 deposit for tuition and reserve your spot today + receive unlimited yoga classes upon making your deposit.
Dates for Monthly-Weekend Program: Meets approximately one weekend each month for 12 months.
Saturdays, 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Sundays, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
March 24-25, 2018
April 28-29, 2018
May 12-13, 2018
June 9-10, 2018
July 14-15, 2018
August 11-12, 2018
September 15-16, 2018
October 13-14, 2018
November 10-11, 2018
December 8-9, 2018
January 12-13, 2019
February 2-3, 2019
Dates One Month Intensive: Please note that the days are long. We meet approximately from 8:00 am-8:00 pm nearly every day with breaks for lunch and dinner.
Saturday, March 16, 2019: 1:00-4:00 pm: Conference call to give course overview + Q & A
June 1-25, 2019: Meeting dates for training
TBA: Follow up conference call
There are approximately 9 books required for this course on a variety of subjects. A World Peace Yoga Book and Binder will be provided on the first day of class, along with a list of the required materials. Some books may be available at the studio at a discounted price.
- To provide each student with an in-depth experience of yoga, deepening the personal consciousness and inner self-awareness yoga practice fosters. This will expand and develop one’s personal practice from which the knowledge comes to teach others.
- To learn basics asanas (postures), pranayamas (breathing techniques), kriyas (cleansing techniques) and other yogic practices through direct experiential learning.
- To offer knowledge in how to live the yogic lifestyle, enhancing spiritual health and centeredness through yoga.
- To learn modifications and adjustments in the postures to adapt a style of practice personalized for your body.
- To show how our lifestyle affects the planet and how we are able to preserve the environment and nature for future generations through the ancient wisdom of yoga.
- To give a solid foundation in the philosophies of yoga and their application to daily life.
- To motivate and encourage students to undergo a transformation in their appreciation and perception of themselves, others, and life.
- To provide a non-competitive environment to practice and learn from each other.
To benefit and enhance your journey we offer a series of assignments. These assignments include, yet are not limited to; reading books, writing out essays, journaling, spiritual growth exercises, and so on. All coursework must be submitted for review if you are interested in receiving a certificate of completion.
This training requires attendance for all scheduled hours. Any scheduled dates missed, must be made up if you are interested in a certificate of completion. Two days may be made up by attending another Personal Spiritual Growth class at World Peace Yoga. Anything beyond two days, there is a charge of $135 per day for makeup. In the event there is not an available day for make up, you may arrange a private lesson at a price of $75 per hour missed. It is your responsibility to keep track of makeup hours by documenting the date, length of time, and teacher with whom you worked with.
You have 18 months from the start date of the program to complete these requirements. Extensions will be given at an additional charge of $20 per month.
Click here to download an application.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q: Are there any requirements for participating in this program?
A: There are no requirements for participation, simply a sincere interest to be present and show up.
Q: Do I have to practice yoga for any particular length of time prior to doing the program.
A: No, we’ve had a wide range of people with varying levels of experience from those who might have never taken a yoga class to others with 20 years of practicing different aspects of yoga. All are welcome.
Q: Am I too young? Am I too old?
A: No, we’ve had people ranging from the ages of 13-70 take the program. It is diverse and a great experience for all.
Q: Do I have to be vegetarian/vegan to participate in this program?
A: No, while the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle are discussed in the course of the program, it is not required to be vegetarian/vegan to participate in or graduate from this program.
Q: Are classes at the studio included in addition to participating in the program?
A: Yes, from the time you sign up with your deposit through the length of time you are in the program, you receive unlimited classes on our regular weekly schedule.
Q: Do you have payment plan options/work with those on limited budgets?
A: Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or come to the studio and talk with us personally.
Q: How many students are typically in each group?
A: The size of the group enrolled in the program generally ranges from 12-22 students.
Q: Where do I purchase the books required for the course?
A: Some books are available for purchase at the studio, others may be purchased online or even at discount book stores.
Q: Who are the teachers?
A: The main teaching staff includes: Anna Ferguson, Mary Geibel, Besti Heithaus, Lori Reidel, and Mark Stroud. There are also amazing guest teachers that teach specialty topics throughout the course.